Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, December 31, 2015

In 2016 I Promise I Will...

     Christmas Eve I shared with you my Christmas list. After Christmas it was my duty to report the results of that list Christmas gifts I was blessed to receive from that list.  Since Today is New Year's Eve and the ushering out of 2015 for the new and exciting 2016, I thought I would share with you my New Year's Resolutions. I will make this promise to you.  These Resolutions are etched in stone, just like all other New Year's resolutions that have gone before. They will not be broken and I will do my utmost  to follow them out.

1. I will make my writing will be much more technical and dry. If I am a professional golf writer, I must focus on my topics and make them more technical.  They will focus more on the golf swing and playing golf the correct way, as well as formally commenting on the important components and issues of the game such as the controversy over winter rye grass overseeding during the winter in warmer climates, a very important issue I might add.

2.  I vow to play more golf and to shoot more course videos.  This once every three months thing just doesn't make it. How many times can you see  my "Paso Robles Golf Course" video. Its a great course and fantastic video by the way.  You can see it for yourself.  https://youtu.be/7vbhxZxqIvU. That one was for you Mike and Mike and thank you for your hospitality when I was there.

3.  The game has changed since I started playing. I will take a lesson in 2016.  There are a lot of people offering lessons out there. I know this because I see them on Face Book on how to improve your game.

4.  I promise to work toward harmony among all those teaching golf on Face Book. There are a lot of philosophies as far as the golf swing and how to improve your game. It seems like the war going on between all the competing pros and their philosophies is getting rather ugly.  It is beginning to resemble the fight against terrorism and ISIS. Well, its maybe not that bad but you can draw your own conclusions as to which is worse.

5. I will take my medications every day. I don't have to take the ones for depression any more as I am a stable person right now. I will take my heart medication as I don't want to keel over.  My wife and Pakistani Doctor won't let me. I love my doctor by the way.  OK, OK, I love my wife too.

6.  I will strive to be a demonstrator for Bill Presse's Directed Force putter. This is a revolutionary putter that will improve the game of any golfer. How can I write about it Bill if I don't have one. Just think about all the golfers who are going to see me sink all those putts and ask me how I did it. You meet a lot of golfers playing golf once every three months.  I can't do that if I don't have one.  I'll send you my address.

7.  I will take a lesson from my son-in-law Kyle who is a golf pro (see resolution #3). He married my daughter. I'm not going to say he's my favorite son-in-law because that didn't work in getting me free lessons.  I really like my other two sons-in-law too. Isn't that a fantastic name for a golf pro, Kyle.  He works at a country club.

8.  I will go back to the gym and work out on a regular basis. This will be in concert with remaining on a diet and losing 50 pounds. It seems each year I write this as a resolution so I don't want to be inconsistent. I am losing weight though and eating less. When it all boils down, I do enjoy going to the gym as well. When I do, I gain strength and I can hit the ball farther.  It make that once every three month visit to the golf course much more enjoyable.

     That about covers it all. I will update you on how things go.
Oooo, that's ugly.  Maybe you better take another lesson. You might want to lose some weight as well. 


 












No comments:

Post a Comment