Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Monday, December 14, 2015

Eighteen Is A Multiple Of Six: Should It Be?

     I have a pet peeve as far as the golf course is concerned. You see it a lot these days and it has to do with respecting the game, more importantly the golf course and those who play on it.  I am talking about the once a year sixpackers.
     If you have played much golf  you know who I am talking about. These are the guys and gals that rarely if ever play golf. They have a very rudimentary knowledge of the game but are not golfers. The course is just a place to come out to drink or party and in doing so they tear up the course. Golf carts of course are mandatory because they hold more beer. Besides, cart paths are only for the cement industry to make more money.  Tees and greens are only there to be driven on and spin "brodies". What's that sign saying "Keep Carts On Paths On  All Par Threes". Have another beer and where is that "Beer Wagon"?  
     I don't drink alcohol anymore. I am not against drinking, its just that the medications I am on for my congestive heart failure doesn't allow me but an occasional glass of wine, a beer or a snort of scotch. That's OK by me because I never was a heavy drinker. One thing I never did was drink on the golf course. Some players do and I am fine with that as long as it doesn't hinder what they are doing on the course and keep their respect of the game and the course. In most cases, this holds true and most players do.
     I am certainly not against new golfers or those who play only once or twice a year. We need them, as long as they understand the game and respect it. We can even adjust the game to their level of playing skill. I'm all for that. Drinking on the golf course is also OK, as long as the course is respected and the drinking is responsible.  What I am against are the groups that think that the golf course is just another place to party.  It is not a roaming bar that happens to be on a nice lawn where you get to chase a little white ball and throw a metal stick at it. Please take the party somewhere else. How about a bowling alley?
     I would like your stories and videos for the blog and for the website http://golfisforeveryonemd.com. Please send them to me at golfisforeveryonemd@gmail.com and I will try to get them on.  At this point I have opened a few new pages that deal with aspects of the game such as senior golf and women's golf.  I even have a recipe page but I need your stories and youtube videos. Besides, my wife wants to see me on occasion. She says that I am on that computer too much.  Well, I'm trying to bring you some great content.        You can help.  Send me your content.  Rich O'Brien posted Saturday and Sunday so I would like to see some of your writing or you tube videos. I also want to know about your tournament and events. Send them to me and you may find them on our website.  That is what we are about. Golf is for everyone, and we want you to be a part of this.
Isn't that what the 19th hole is all about?  
     

       

No comments:

Post a Comment