Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Friday, December 4, 2015

Buzz, Buzz, Buzz (Part 3)

     Have you taken a look at the new website yet? The website was created with all those interested in golf in mind.  As I have said, our mission is to grow the game of golf, and that means to those who have never played the game as well. Come join the party that is the game of golf. We are here to be a resource for you, as well as those who are already playing the game.
     As a parent, I remember dropping my kids off to soccer practice.  I got to know the game of soccer, but I would never consider playing the game at the age I was at. My grandkids--yes, I am that old even though I don't look it (lol)--are involved in playing baseball but I can't play because of health issues. A great many parents and grandparents drop their kids and grandkids off at practices and watch, but participate in the game that their kid or grandkid are involved in only as spectators. I'm too old to take a hit on a football field, even though my grandson plays football.  Golf is different.
     How many of you, or know of parents who take their kids or grandkids to their golf lessons? Do you play golf and if you don't, why not? Do you know what your kids and grandkids are into and you are missing out on?  Have you ever tried or thought of taking up the game. I know some of you are golfers, but the vast majority are not. You can see that they are having a lot of fun, and you can have fun in the game too. Give it a try Mom.
     I can't play soccer or football with my grandsons.  I can throw a baseball back and forth in a game of catch with them, even though I can't do that for long because of my arm. What I can do is when they get older and have been introduced to golf and they are playing, we can go out and play together. That is one of the beauties of the game.
     How many moms who don't play golf take their children to golf practice or lessons. I saw this firsthand when I was a golf coach at a junior high. These moms didn't play golf but were around the sport because of their kids. I took every opportunity to encourage the parents to get involved in playing the game. If dad played, great but if he didn't--get him into the game as well.  Your child is having a lot of fun playing golf so why shouldn't you, and you can learn and play together. Golf is a lot of fun as a family.
     Take a look at the website.  It is coming along nicely with some different features that I mentioned in the previous blog.  You can visit it at http://golfisforeveryonemd.com. By the way, it is your website too. I want your contributions.  I want your youtube videos. Please sent them to me and I will take a look at them and try to get them up on the website. Send them to me at golfisforeveryonemd@gmail.com and I will take a look at them. Send me the youtube address so that I can plst them to the website.  I also want to hear your stories about your struggles in learning the game. I need your help.
I remember taking her to her lessons. Him, I don't know about. Golf truly is for everyone.










       

No comments:

Post a Comment