Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Pennies For Pebble: Part1

     Yes, I do have a "bucket list" of things to have done before I die.  The list is long and I am busily crossing off things that are on that list. It's not like I am planning on dying any time soon--I hope.  Just the other day I was able to cross one off the list and that was to go to the city of Gustine, California. What is so special about Gustine, you ask? Absolutely nothing, but I have been there and I can cross that one off my list. At the top of my list is to play Pebble Beach.
     I go to Monterey often and play golf on one of the many fine courses in the Monterey area. In fact, I have been to Pebble many times but have never played it. My trips to Pebble have included walking the tenth and eleventh fairways, going through the pro shop and talking to the staff, jawing with the starter on the first tee and also walking on the seventeenth tee and talking to golfers teeing off. I must say that it is a beautiful place for a golf course.
     My daughter worked at the Pebble Beach Club for a couple of years and I was able to play Spanish Bay on her employee's discount.  My son-in-law and I got to play it for free, which was kind of nice especially being able to save the $225 green fee. I like free, especially when it is Spanish Bay. The course is tough and I didn't play it very well.  I got beat up pretty bad, but how can you feel bad when you are playing the greatest game in such beautiful surroundings? She couldn't get us on to Pebble though.
     My other son-in-law is a golf pro at a local country club. I don't like taking advantage of his status in the golf community so I very rarely ask for any golf related favors.  I did ask in passing if he could use his pro status and get us on Pebble. His answer was quite clear and definite. NO!  There goes that angle.
     By the way, how much is it to play Pebble these days. Just a minute, I will look it up on their website...
Definitely NOT Pebble Beach
   

No comments:

Post a Comment