Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Friday, October 30, 2015

Pennies For Pebble: Part 2

     As I said in Part 1, playing Pebble Beach is high on my "bucket list".  I wonder how much it costs to play Pebble Beach these days.  I know, Let's find out. Isn't the internet great?
     I normally access websites to golf courses by going on The Northern California Golf Association's website to their course directory. That's a plug for you NCGA.  I hope you appreciate that. OK, here it is and I click on "Course Directory", done. Let's scroll down to Pebble Beach and click.  Here it is with some good general information and I will click on the "visit website" link, done.
    That is a good looking site.  I wish mine looked that good. Let's go to the "golf" tab and click on it. OK, here it has a link to "rates" so I will click on that.
HOLY ESCOMBOLI AND BARLOOVIE!
     That's a lot of money just for a round of golf. Green fees are $495 with cart extra at $40.  I have heard that it is strongly suggested that you take a caddie, and that will set you back another $80 plus tip. That's a whopping $615.  I can just see it now.  Honey, can I have $615 to go play Pebble Beach? No, I'm sorry.  You are not included. I wrote my "bucket list" before we were married.  What about it?  Can I have the $615 buckaroos? So what is your answer? What's that Dear, not only NO, but HECK (my wife doesn't use profanity) NO!  Funny, I got the same answer from my son-in-law when I asked if he could use his PGA influence and get us on for free.
     That answer was a bit final.  What am I going to do to cross this off my "bucket list".  How am I going to pay for it?  What can I do? Let me think on this a bit.
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Still thinking.
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
X
Still thinking.
X
X
X
X
X
X
    I've got it!  I could rob a bank.  Maybe by the time that they caught me I could pay for the round with the money I stole. No, I don't think that would work. I always get caught when I try something stupid. If you think my wife was mad at me for not taking my high blood pressure medication and I wound up in the hospital for the second time, just think how angry she would get if I was sent to prison. OK, that was just a passing idea, forget I even mentioned it.
    I know, I could put on my best golf togs, golf shoes and hat with my driver or putter in my hand and stand on a busy street corner in Salinas with a cardboard sign saying "Will Blog For You For Cash To Play Pebble Beach".  I would do this in Carmel or Monterey but that would be a little tacky. Salinas is more used to that kind of stuff. It's worth a try.
     How tough could it be to raise $615 especially when I am not using it to buy beer.  I can buy my own beer, even though I don't drink beer--much.  After all, I am already over there and I don't want to embarrass my wife by holding the sign on a street corner here in our town. Besides, that would be a bit beneath me.
    I guess I have to admit it. Scraping up the green fees to play Pebble and fulfil that task on my list may take a miracle, hope you are listening God. I guess I will have to stick to playing the "Poor Man's" Pebble Beach, Pacific Grove Municipal. Hey wait, that's not a bad idea and much cheaper too.
OK, I'll play Pacific Grove if I must.









Heavenly Father,
 Forgive me my sins. Please grant me $1230 so that my wife and I can play Pebble Beach together. You know my wife, she isn't going to let me go by myself even though it is very important that I cross this off my "bucket list". She would like to play too and I would love to have her.
Amen





   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment