Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, October 1, 2015

From Fiat to Ferrari Part 4: How Much Is That ProV In The Window?

     I have to play ProV Titlists in order to play my best. At least, that's what the TV advertisements tell me. I have to do everything the TV tells me to do, right?  Do I really have to answer that?
     Yes, I have played ProV's and don't get me wrong--they are a fantastic ball and given the choice with unlimited amount of funds I would play them all the time. But, there is just something about playing a five dollar golf ball and losing it in the trees or in the lake. That concept just doesn't sit very well with me. It is my intention to stay out of bankruptcy court based on the golf ball I play.
     That is the great thing about golf.  There a lot of options out there in which to choose from. Titlist has a number of balls they make that are a whole lot less expensive than ProV's with similar play characteristics. I like the NXT Tour, although I have tried the Velocity and like it as well. It too is a less expensive ball. Besides, Titleist is not the only ball manufacturer. You don't have to stick with Titlist. Nike and Callaway have a fantastic line of golf balls and compare in price to Titlist. There are many outstanding golf ball manufacturers out there. Don't spread this around or say too loud, but I am kind of hooked on Precept Laddies.
      If you are new to the game, try the Top Flite brand or one on the less expensive brands.  There are many out there and most sporting goods stores have house brands. These brands will fit your needs quite nicely. I still love Maxfli, although the brand has been taken over by Dick's Sporting Goods. The bottom line is that most of these are great balls. You may also want to dive into the "used ball" or reconditioned ball barrel at your local sporting goods store or pro shop. I have found gold in these buckets.
      Golf is not expensive and you can have Fiat funds and still enjoy the game. Remember, golf is for everyone.
The tenth tee at Morro Bay. The course is not as expensive as Pebble Beach.
 
   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment