Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Friday, January 29, 2016

I challenge YOU!

     I know most of you that read my blog are golfers.  That is great because we speak the same language, no matter what country we live in or where we play golf. How many non-golfers read my blog?  I don't say that is a problem, but I am reaching a captive audience. That is OK.
     My problem is this. How can this blog be effective in growing the game of golf when it is only reaching golfers?  I don't mind writing with those who play golf in mind and writing for that audience.  However, when you are a proponent of growing the game of golf what good is a blog when you are reaching only those who are playing? I value you the golfer as my audience but how does that grow the game? I will continue to write this blog focused on golfers, but what are we going to do for non-golfers? How are we going to grow the game as golfers?
     Golfers, I challenge YOU!  I challenge you to invite at least two of your non-golfing friends either to the course or to the range to hit balls. Let's get a club into their hands. Heck, let's eve get them to play miniature golf.  That is a lot of fun as well and kind of paves the way for the real thing. It is important that the best way to bring people to any sport is by friends inviting them.  We must do that, and we can't give that job to the local golf pro.  As I said, the present day golf pro is too busy running the business end of their golf course or range.
   I CHALLENGE YOU!
Let's introduce friends to the game of golf, even if they don't play.

No comments:

Post a Comment