Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Friday, January 15, 2016

Just Average And Having Fun--Part 2

     As an average golfer I often ask myself why I am not getting better at golf. Depending on who you talk to and what you read in a lot of publications, this is a very hot topic. The bottom line is that golfers are not getting better, but yet most golfers truly enjoy playing the game. That is a very curious contrast.
     When you play the game of golf in my opinion the objectives are two fold. First, you play the game to the best of your abilities at the time. The second objective is I think even more important than the first.  That is TO HAVE FUN!  I think we have definitely lost sight of the second objective in pursuit of the first. We have to remember that it is a game, and that game should be enjoyed.  It should be an enjoyable experience no matter how good or bad we play.  There is always that shot that brings us back and makes us feel on top of the world, no matter how we putted or how many balls we put in the lake.
     I am not getting better at golf. There is only once place to set the blame and that is on me. How do I feel about that?  I want to tell you that I don't lay awake at night thinking about it. That worry is down there with wondering about when trash night is. What is important is that when I go out to play golf, I know I will have a great time. I keep that in perspective.  Yes, during a round I get frustrated and sometimes angry.  Those emotions soon vanish after I hit that one good shot or sink that fifty footer for birdie.
      It probably could be said that if I paid a bit more attention to my game there would be more of those great shots and sunk putts.  That is probably so, but I am not at that point yet. I have to agree that is true, but not right now.  I will have more to say about this in tomorrow's post. What I do want you to know though is I am having fun, no matter the state of my game. Golf is a lot of fun.
     Don't forget our FaceBook page at http://facebook.com/golfisforeveryone.  Please stop by and give us a "like".  Our commitment is to grow the game of golf.  Take a look at our website as well at http://golfisforeveryonemd.com. Make sure and have fun when you play golf!
Let's have some fun playing golf, shall we?

No comments:

Post a Comment