Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, January 14, 2016

Just Average And Having Fun--Part 1

     I consider myself an average golfer.  I used to carry an 18 index and my handicap which hovered in and around the 18 level. I would play once a week and when I would play more, my index would go down to somewhere around 15. This was true because I was playing more. My scores would go from a low of around 85 to a high of 100 on a bad day. Each time I went out I had a great time, even though I would have to look back on the round to discover this. During the round I encountered a range of emotions, from the ecstasy of making birdie to the deep depression of hitting the ball in the lake three times.  The bottom line is, I was having fun!
      According to most teaching pros, the average score for the average golfer is 100 and their handicap index is somewhere in the twenties. Even if you look at the very fact that equipment technology in balls and clubs are concerned, that index may have improved by no more than a point or two. I realize that there are explanations behind that such as there are more golfers playing and such, but that improvement number should be higher. Why isn't it?
      What about you?  Why aren't you getting better at golf?  I would also ask the question to you of how important is that to you?  What are your motivations for playing golf?  I know that my motivation to play the game is to have fun.  Is that your motivation?  Yes, the game can be frustrating, but it is also a lot of fun and frustration and challenge are part of the game. It is extremely important to focus on what you love about the game.  Remember to put it all in perspective.  It is a game.
       I will have more on this in Part 2 tomorrow.  In the meantime, check out our web page at http://golfisforeveryonemd.com.  It is a work in progress, but is coming along nicely. Our YouTube page is up and running with more submissions coming in.  We are excited about golf and Golf Is For Everyone.  Let's have some fun playing golf!
Let's play golf and have some fun, shall we?

   
   

No comments:

Post a Comment