Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Wednesday, February 3, 2016

KaBoom or pop? What's Your Pleasure?

     That's an interesting title, isn't it? What is he going to write about today you are probably asking yourself. I try to keep you guessing.  After all, this blog is not supposed to be boring. Today, let's talk about the long game and compare it to the short game, shall we?
     I want to let you know that I prefer the short game to the long game.  I never was a long hitter, but deadly from within 100 yards, no matter how the rest of my round is goes good or bad.  The flatstick is my friend and I rarely three putt. The green and around it is my playground.
     I love to create around the green and from within that 100 yards. The clubs in my bag are like brushes to the painter. The wedge, the 7 iron bump and run, the hybrid run are the ricks of my trade. Each one of those shots provide me with a lot of pleasure and I use them often. Of course that depends on the lie and what the green looks like, but sometimes I try a shot just to be different. The beaches around the green are no problem as they remind me of my favorite place, the ocean beach. Even when there is no sand in the bunkers, it is a lot of fun getting out, even though I shouldn't have been there in the first place.
     Most golf advertisements you see on TV are for new drivers.  They claim that their driver has been designed to give you much more yardage off the tee. They claim that their driver will truly "Make the big dog eat." I am sorry, but that "big dog" after eating just don't want to hunt. You still have to swing the club and when that happens you still have that same swing.
     I used to make my persimmon dog "eat" and the ball did fly unimaginable distances. The "big dog" ate like a 300 pound Rotweiler going through a 50 pound sack of Purina.  Things have changed and as I have gotten older that 300 pound Rotweiler has run away to be replaced with a one pound chihuahua eating small dog Kibbles and Bits having trouble chewing the Kibbles. I just can't hit the ball that far off the tee as I used to, even with my titanium driver.
     So what is your pleasure? Are you a long knocker or a short game whiz? My short game has never left me so I prefer finesse over brute strength. Your game is yours though, you make that decision.
I hate it when she hits the ball that far.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment