Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, February 27, 2016

Don't Give Up!

     I realize that golf can become very frustrating. There are times when you ask yourself why you play such a stupid game, and when you think about it the game is not exactly the most logical thing to do in the world. What is so much fun about hitting a little white ball with a stick and try to get it in a small hole taking as few swats with the stick as possible. I will tell you.  It is a challenge and you can never be perfect.
     I was on FaceBook today reading posts and working on our Golf Is For Everyone page (hhtp://facebook.com/golfisforeveryone) and came across a post from a golfer who was becoming very frustrated with his game. We all know that is very easy to do and most of us have been there. It had gotten so bad that in the post he threatened to quit playing as his game had deteriorated to that point. I feel his pain, but giving up the game is not the answer.
      I have said this before and it bears repeating here.  Golf is a game of challenges.  The game is a series of peaks and valleys and is never the same, even from stroke to stroke. It is not a game of perfection and each hole is different not only from an architectural point of view, but from the point of view of how that golfer is playing that particular hole or even how they are playing that shot. As we play we must keep things in perspective. Remember, most golfers are optimists and you might have stunk today but you are playing tomorrow and you will play better. If you are playing poorly, most of the time it is just a small glitch in your swing that you will discover and change either on the range or in the round tomorrow. Golf is fun!
     Be happy that you are playing golf. With my life situations as they are right now I am only able to get out about once every three months or so.  Guess what.  I am playing very poorly right now. Guess what.  I am really enjoying the game and seeing just how much I miss playing. Each time I'm on the course now I savor every moment because I don't know when I will play again. And by the way, I card that ten. Each triple bogie means that it is on to the next hole and whatever that adventure brings.  Each birdie putt I miss--I still have those occasionally--means that I get to card a par.  Let's play the next hole. I'm still hitting the ball and having fun doing it no matter how I am playing. I am not getting wrapped up in my performance but enjoying what the game has for me today.
      I can't play golf today. Today is my grandson's birthday party and we are going out of town to attend. The golf course will have to wait for another couple of weeks. That's OK because my grandson is a bit more important. If you are playing today on this beautiful Saturday, have fun and remember that you get the privilege of playing golf.  Some people can't. Have fun and enjoy the round.
Let's play some golf. I will soon but I can't today.


   





















     

No comments:

Post a Comment