Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Ah Yes, California and Golf

     I have to leave here shortly to do some  all day "honey do's".  My wife is going out of town with her parents and I have to take our car in for an appointment. At any rate, I don't have much time to post today so I will share this one from my other blogs with you.  If you feel that is cheating, please let me know and I will take a two stroke penalty or lose the hole if we are playing match play.

 I feel very fortunate to live in California.  Most of us complain about the taxes and other problems.  Many of us are thinking of leaving, but I prefer to stay and complain, although I do speak with my vote. At any rate, we are blessed with a very pleasant climate and a rage of things to see and do.
     Golf, of course, is no exception. There are so many courses, every one different and fun to play not to mention the settings.  The question is, what do you want in golf? If you want a desert course, you can find it.  How about a traditional parkland course? If you want to play a mountain course, you can do that. The Pacific Ocean provides the backdrop for a number of great ocean courses.  We have that too.  Take your pick, and some of these courses have a little of everything I mentioned.  It is truly a golfer's paradise.
     Living in California's Central Valley and right in the middle of that valley in a city called Merced, I am close to just about everything that is California golf.  We are two and a half hours away from the Monterey area, and you know that that is the home of some great courses like Pebble Beach and Bayonet/Blackhorse designed by famous golf architects like William Bell Sr. and Alistair MacKenzie who designed Au
gusta National.. The mountains are close and in less than an hour I can be at Saddleback in Copperopolis or at Greenhorn Creek in Angel's Camp. San Francisco is a couple of hours away where I can play The Presidio or whichever of the fine courses that are in that area. I've been to Palm Springs and played a couple of outstanding desert courses. Whatever you want is here in California, even a dreary windswept links style course right on the ocean.
     If you live here in California, you know what I am talking about.  If you don't live here, come to California and bring your sticks. I'll be waiting for you, just let me know where you want to play.
     Don't forget to visit my golf website.  It is ever evolving and I have made some changes.  Soon I will have some video lessons from some of the best instructors including tips specifically for women and left handed golfers. I'm excited about how it is evolving and I am proud to share it with you. Take a look at http://golfisforeveryonemd.com.  In the meantime, hit 'em long and straight. Don't hit that birdie putt short.

No comments:

Post a Comment