Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Life Is A Bowl Of Cherries And The Game Of Golf

      I stopped off at a fruit stand the other day and bought some strawberries and cherries.  I love strawberries.  I think I love cherries--I hate apricots--even more than strawberries. As I was looking at these wonderful round morsels of red sweet fruit I thought about golf.  Why golf I don't know and sometimes I wonder how my mind gets to where it is going sometime. I began to think about what golf and cherries have in common.  They have much in common, especially if you look for their similarities.
       Cherries are for the most part very sweet and have a wonderful taste.  They provide a great amount of fun and satisfaction as you eat them.  Although you can't eat golf, the game does provide a lot of fun and satisfaction.
       Cherries help you sleep better.  They contain a high amount of melatonin, which aids in better sleep.  Melatonin helps bring about a deeper sleep.  Golf can have that same effect.  Have you ever walked eighteen holes? You know what I am talking about, especially after the couple of beers you may have at the nineteenth hole.  You go home and sleep like a baby.  I won't even mention the naps you can take on a Saturday afternoon while playing the crowded golf course during your six hour round and the play is very slow.
       Cherries are very low in calories and can assist in losing weight for those of us who have a sweet tooth. Golf will help you lose weight as well.  Remember, our's is an active sport which involves movement and activity. You walk a lot and swing the club, especially when the greens keepers have the "No Carts" signs a quarter of a mile away from the hole. How about when the place you park your cart is about 200 feet up from where the hole is down the hill.  You walk a lot in this game.  It is very healthy for you, just like the low calorie cherry.  One warning though and that is don't order that double cheeseburger and beer at the coffee shop at the end of the round.  I know it is so good, but it kind of nulifies the health benefits of the round. Eat more cherries to counteract this.
       Cherries are good for your heart. They are very high in potassium which regulates potassium levels in you body.  I don't know exactly what that means but I know it helps your heart.  After all, I'm a golf blogger and not a doctor.  Golf is good for your heart because it gets you off the couch and out into the fresh air.  No matter what, you are going to do some walking and walking I am told is
good for your heart.
        Next time you go to your local fruit stand or grocery store, pick up some cherries. Enjoy each and very one of them and think about how they have so very much in common with the game of golf. Take some along with you when you go to the course and play.  They make a great on course snack. I will make one last comment about all of this.  I hate apricots.
Careful now, you don't to overdo it an cancel out the great weight loss effects of the cherries.
 

















 

No comments:

Post a Comment