Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Thursday, May 5, 2016

C'mon, Let's Buy Taylormade!

      Guess what.  TaylorMade is up for sale. I have a great idea.  Let's pitch in all our pennies and buy TaylorMade!  Why not, we can run it probably just as well as Adiddas could.  So c'mon and don't be shy.  Donate to the cause.  Let's buy TaylorMade before the Chinese do.
      I have thought of several ways to do this wanting to be democratic about this and the campaign to raise the money. My first step will be to set up a PayPal account to keep the funds.  We need to get this going before the Chinese get wind of what we are doing. I will start the fundraising efforts by throwing in the first five dollars.  That's a lot of money to such a frugal man like myself.  I will publish this on the social media sites for other civic minded golfers to pitch in at least five dollars to the cause.  We have to keep TaylorMade in the hands of Americans.
       I want to put in this disclaimer before I go to where I am going.  I am not going to support a political candidate--I was a political science major in college and could not spell candidate to save my life which probably explains why I never went into politics but that's another story I probably won't tell.  Donald Trump does not want American companies to have foreign ownership.  Why don't we ask him to help finance a deal to buy TaylorMade and we will pay him back.  The federal government does this all the time. We can call ourselves entrepreneurial students and sell it to Donald as a student loan which we can in no way pay back. That's the American way, isn't it? Come on Donald, you are a golfer.  Help us out.  Just think of the political mileage you can get out of this keeping a great American company in the hands of mostly Americans.
      If Donald doesn't come through, I have another idea. The average round of golf is in the neighborhood of $40, am I right?  I am asking you as golfers to forgo one round of golf this month and send the $40 you would have spent on the round of golf-- you can still go to the course and have a burger, that's OK--and send the $40 to me at the TaylorMade acquisition fund on PayPal.  Think of that one for a moment. If one million golfers sent the fund $40, that would mean we would have a fund of $40 million to by TaylorMade.  That should do it.  We could even put in an offer for Ashworth and for Adams Golf. Is Barney still alive by the way? He probably would go for the deal.
I always wanted to manufacture golf shirts. That's all I wear.
     I have an apology to make.  If you were expecting Part 2 of Growing Up Golfer I just thought that this TaylorMade thing is much more important today.  I want to get to this as soon as possible to get the ball rolling to acquire TaylorMade and that is going to take time.  This is a priority.  
      TaylorMade is a great American company.  Just think of the innovations that it has brought to the game of golf such as the 15 inch golf cup. The company needs to remain in the hands of an American company.  If you are outside of the US and care to donate, we will gladly accept your $5 contribution or your $40 contribution provided it is made in dollars and not a foreign currency.  What's that you say?  Adidas is a German multinational company and not American company. They are not being bought out by the Chinese, are they?
The 15 inch golf cup.  One of TaylorMades brilliant innovations and to the game of golf.  I missed the putt by the way.



 



















 

No comments:

Post a Comment