Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, July 30, 2016

Baby, Its Cold Outside

     I have got a busy day today.  In fact, this is the only five minutes today I have been able to sit down and write so I thought that I would share with you a post from earlier this year.  Yesterday, I was able to play golf and so I have to take care of some home chores and errands assigned to me by the Chief of Home Affairs--my wife.  Once again it is going to be HOT out there with temperatures hovering around the 110 degree level and I know it is hot around the country and world. Just to get you away from thinking about the heat of summer in the Northern Hemisphere, here is a post that I wrote in January.  I hope you enjoy it and please stay cool if you can.

  I just checked the thermometer outside. The reading is thirty-two degrees and the normally brown dormant lawn outside is covered by a thin layer of white. No, its not snow. If it were I would have my camera in my hand and would be taking pictures.  It doesn't snow here.  However, we do get some heavy frost during the winter and it has returned for the winter. It looks like our tee time for today will be delayed, probably for a couple of hours. Its cold out there.
     I realize that to some of you in other parts of the US and the world thirty two in the winter is a summer vacation.  Here, it is cold. We still play golf, but play is delayed until the course warms up and the frost melts. When you are expecting to tee off at eight in the morning and expect to be home by one, that frost delay really cuts into your day. At least it isn't snowing.  I hate snow.
     Living in a warmer climate I do feel rather fortunate. During the winter months we do have to put up with some inconveniences, but in most cases we still are able to play. We bundle up when it is cold or we drive a couple of hours to a
part of the state where it is not nearly as cold. We go south to Southern California or go west to the ocean.  Isn't it amazing that the climate can change so dramatically in about 100 miles. Here it does. I do still brave the cold when I can't get away, and it is still a good day of golf albeit a cold one.
     So I'm off to the golf course for my tee time. It's a bit brisk outside but I am dressed for it. I have to put my shorts in the drawer and put on long pants, a long sleeved shirt and a  sweater, but I'm still going to play golf. I hate long pants, long sleeve shirts and sweaters but I guess that's the price you have to pay.  

We get fog in the winter too.  The cold goes right through you.  













No comments:

Post a Comment