Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Join The Revolution!

      I am tired of all those critics and their opinion that the game of golf is dying.  Have they taken a look at what is happening now in the game?  It is exciting.   When you take a good look at the game overall it is bursting at the seems. A revolution is beginning in this grand old game of ours.  COME JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
      When I write this  you are probably wondering if I drank too much of the spaghetti wine last night with dinner or I need to see my doctor to have my blood pressure meds changed. That simply isn't true. I don't have any wine at the house and my BP meds don't work that way. Let's just say that I am tired of critics looking at the game with their glass half empty instead of what really is happening and the glass is half full and filling.
      Yes, the game is not having the massive explosion of growth that it did after "The Tiger" phenomenon, but if you look at the numbers and what is happening with golf in general there is a steady growth. Slow steady growth is good.  Good foundations are built and people stay in the game. With a boom comes the inevitable bust. Slow and steady growth is what you must have.  The boom-bust cycle is dangerous because normally the bust is pretty bad to the game and it takes a while to recover from the bust.  That's where we are now, recovering from the bust of 2008.  With that said, we are recovering and there are hints that it is a strong recovery at that.
      I saw in a golf publication this morning that golf rounds at courses since 2013 have been increasing at a rate of two to three percent per year.  That appears to be a small growth, but it is steady and again you don't want a spike in growth because a spike is not sustainable.  If golf was truly in trouble, the serious decline in the numbers of players that we saw in 2008 would continue in it's trend.  This is simply not the case.  Golf has been growing.
      What else is new?  What makes me feel so confident about the growth of our game?  There are many things that I look at that show me we are in an exciting time for the game. In tomorrow's post, I will share some of those.  In the meantime, think about how exciting a time this is for the game of golf.  COME JOIN THE REVOLUTION!
Let's start this huge growth in golf with a bang!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment