Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, November 14, 2015

Oh Happy Day!

     This is a very happy day for me and my wife. Is it our anniversary? No.  Is it her birthday? No.  Do we get to go to Chic-Fil-A for lunch?  No. In about an hour and a half we are leaving to play golf--together. I am so excited.
     When we moved away from Fresno I moved away from my golf community. This has made me very sad.  In fact, as I have said in other posts I have not been playing much.  I went from paying three to five time a week and playing in tournaments to only playing about once every three months. Denise loves the game and only has been able to play about three times a year with her busy schedule and her shoulder injury. Today is going to be a special time together on the golf course.
     My good friend Steve moved away from Fresno as well to Las Vegas.  We don't see each other and today we are playing together.  Steve and I get along very well and tease each other both on and off the golf course. In fact, he was very happy to find out Denise was going to play with us today and said that he was happier to see her more than me and that he likes her better than me.  He was only kidding, of course--I think.
     That is one of the great things about golf, the lifelong friendships you make because of the game. Now if you will excuse me it is time to load up the clubs.
      One last thing that I do need to say. I am saddened by the tragedy that happened in Paris, France yesterday. My sympathy and prayers go out to those who lost their lives in this brutal assault on humanity. To this I say "Viva La France". When will this madness end?
What a beautiful place to put a golf course.

No comments:

Post a Comment