Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, November 21, 2015

Its The Little Things...

     As I mentioned a while ago in another blog post I played golf last week with my wife for the first time in about three weeks. My golf frequency has been about once every three months and I may keep that pace until it warms up in the spring. Its not that it is cold and damp but I am in the middle of a very important project and time is at a premium. I will miss the game though and so will my wife. Monday you will see what I am working on.
     I want to share with you that little things do count in the game of golf.  My round last Saturday was a disaster.  I was topping everything and it was like I never had a club in my hand before. The front nine of the course I played was not that hard, I thought but I was very frustrated.  I just could not get the ball up in the air and lost four balls on the front nine.
     I tried several adjustment as far as my posture and swing, but these didn't work.  It finally came to me that maybe I am playing the ball just a bit too far forward in my stance, which is causing me to impact the ball on the upper half of the ball, not low on the ball as I should be doing. Guess what, that was what the problem was. There were still minor problems in my game for the rest of the round, but these were "feel" issues which it was clear that were the result of my lack of play. However, my topping the ball ended and I hit the ball fairly well but didn't score well.
     Little things are important in our sport. Moving the ball maybe a half inch back in my stance made a difference.  I was getting the ball in the air again. That's the way it is with this great game. Experience told me to check my ball position and from there I was automatic. Such a small thing can really make a difference.
Don't sweat the small stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment