Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Friday, April 29, 2016

You Are OK In My Book Paige Spiranac

     Who doesn't know who Paige Spiranac is?  If you are not a golfer or live somewhere in the deepest part of the Sahara Desert you probably don't.  She is an incredibly beautiful woman and has graduated from San Diego State University with a degree in communications I believe. Her collegiate golf credentials are outstanding.  Right now the spotlight is on her and now is the time to take advantage of that. The question is how long will that spotlight be on.  I encourage her to make the best of the opportunity while she can. My advice is for her to go for it as much as she can and grab all she can while it is there to grab.
       She has been criticized in many places as being just another pretty face.  The fact that she is a great looking gal and she is capitalizing on her looks is a hot topic these days. Hey, if the door of opportunity is open, why not walk through it.  Many have said that what she is doing is "sexist" and is not the image of women's golf that needs to be portrayed.  That may be true, but is that wrong?  One important thing that she is doing is keeping the discussion going and that discussion is very much centered around golf.
       OK, I admit it.  I watch the LPGA on television.  These ladies can play some golf. Excuse me but if I am watching TV, I would much rather watch Lexi Thompsen swing a golf club and play in a tournament than say Boo Weekly. On the flip side of that, my wife would rather watch Jordan Speith or Rory rather than watch any LPGA action.  Sorry people, but there is no comparison.  I may take a lot of flak for that, but that is just the way it is. The ladies on the LPGA just happen to be very pretty women as well as great golfers. Their golf speaks for them and not just their looks. Can I help that? Did I say that Paige Spiranac is an incredibly beautiful woman?
       Paige Spiranac has not accomplished much as of yet in the world of golf.  Let's give her a break, she is only 22. She has a degree in communication from San Diego State.  What is she doing?  She's communicating, and doing a bangup job of it as well. Paige has taken social media by storm and is using it, quite shrewdly I might add.  Should we criticize her for that?  I don't think so.  This is America and we can still make a buck here. Her goal is to play on the LPGA tour, but even she admits that she isn't ready for that. Even if she doesn't achieve that goal I consider her successful. We don't know what she will do if she does not reach that goal.  My guess is that she will be extremely successful. Did I also say that Paige Spiranac is an incredibly beautiful woman?  Oh, I guess I did.
        Paige Spiranac has been called an innovator in the game of golf. I wouldn't call her that.  I would call her very good at taking social media and very effectively use that media. I don't think it has hurt golf. Keep up the good work Paige and make hay while the sun shines.  I'm very proud of you.
Did you see who just walked by?  Was it Paige Spiranac?  I don't know, was it?













No comments:

Post a Comment