Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, April 30, 2016

I Don't Want To Look And Not Touch--Uh Play

     What a beautiful day it is outside today.  That doesn't do me any good though. I am kind of bummed out today in that I was supposed to begin my course assistant training and the pro was unable to set it up with the assistant who was supposed to train me.  Never mind that I have "marshaled" for a very long time on a golf course, but today was especially cruel. It wasn't the wires being crossed that had me upset, I can get over that quickly.  What really made me sad was here I was at the golf course on a beautiful day with a well manicured and beautiful course in front of me, and I couldn't play.
      You should have seen the magnificent closely cut green fairways shining very greenly in the sun.  You could see the line of the rough.  My heart sank lower than a putt that was drained from sixty feet. I want to play golf, darn it.  I can't, and I don't know when I can.
       This once every three month thing is really starting to have a both physical and mental effect on me. I am tired of going into my office, blog about golf and then look on FaceBook at all the golf posts. Is this the penance that I must accept after teasing all those who live on the East Coast about not being able to play golf in January with snow on the ground when it was in the sixties here in California and the golf courses were full and the weather was on the warm side? I'm sorry, I truly am but I guess I am being disciplined by the almighty for being so calloused.
       The golf season has started to heat up on the East Coast and people are playing. I know this, I see it on FaceBook. Here I am stuck in my office having to read all this and accept it. I won't even say anything about what is happening here on the West Coast where courses are in the best of shape especially after the greens being aerated. Come on now, this isn't fair.  Does the punishment fit the crime?
      I ask you, how can I be freed from this ordeal? Tell me O Fred of Ohio and Ye Brad of New York.  What must I do to end this punishment and burden? I don't have to worry about Mark because he lives in Arizona or Rich because he lives in South Carolina and has been playing all year. Those of you in the north and on the East Coast, forgive me and free me from my prison sentence. Have mercy on me. I want to play golf again and I want to play a lot of it.
I wanna play golf again and soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment