Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Golf Is Art Not Just A Product

     So, I'm confused. What am I supposed to be doing when I play golf?  Am I supposed to be thinking that I should score better?  Should I be thinking about how far I hit my driver or five iron?  How about this big one, do I spin my wedges.  Oh, and what about which ball I should be playing.  Should I take a lesson or not?  That opens a great big can of worms itself.
     There is one thing that a lot of us have lost sight of. This game, no matter how well we play it is a lot of fun.  How about we put aside all the complexities of the game and all the discussion and just go out and play. Let's go out to the course, simply enjoy the game and have some fun no matter how well we play. Why is that so difficult?
     Golf is like art.  I enjoy looking at a great masterpiece, the product of an artists work. It is meant to be enjoyed for what it is.  Here's what happens.  Experts come along and dissect the merits of the piece almost to the point where a warm, living piece of art becomes cold and technical. That is a shame, because the piece probably was created with the artist's feelings and eye, not by cold technique.  Technique probably played a role, but to concentrate on technique totally misses the point of the art.
     Golf is also like that.  Golf is a work of art that is created by the player. Yes, there is some technique involved but the experience is unique to the golfer. As golfers, our golfing experiences are similar but each golfer experiences the game in their own unique way. It is the golf that is important--the playing of the game and the enjoyment of playing it--not the technique.  Technique is part of the game and has its own beauty, but that's not all there is to the game.
     I have had my coffee so it is time to post this.  Thank you for waiting.  Take a look at our website at Golf Is For Everyone;  http://golfisforeveryonemd.com.  As I said, we have great plans for it. Make sure you invite someone to play golf with you and most importantly, have fun.
Come on, let's have some fun.  The first tee is waiting for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment