Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Golf Truly Is For Everyone

Saturday, September 3, 2016

Its Saturday...Why Am I Not Playing Golf Today?

     According to the calendar its Saturday.  Why am I not in the process of putting my golf shoes and sticks in the car and heading out to play a round of golf? It shouldn't be that hard, so why can't I just do it? What do I have that is so important today that I can't play golf?
     I haven't been posting to this blog as often as I want to.  It seems that when I get up in the morning and post, many times I have an idea and because that idea doesn't always translate into the written word the post seems to lose its original theme.  Often times the post is not as good as I had hoped it would be and written not as a well thought out piece but just something to get out there.  After all, I do have a duty to entertain you and to put before you great words that speak to the golf experience. Quality in my posts is of great value to me and important--most of the time.
     I am going to take my time and write a good post today.  There will be no golf today until this post is written, proofread and posted.  That will take a lot of time so most of my morning is taken up with that task.  Quality takes time and a lot of introspection and thought so it will be a while. Right now the magic is flowing through my fingers as I type this into the computer and my brain is firing on all its creative synapses.  That was a great line, I think I'll keep it. I'm rolling now.  I will have this for you shortly so just be patient as I create a masterpiece for your reading pleasure. You wouldn't want to rush this and just like a fine wine you wouldn't want the product until it is aged.  What that has to do with writing, I don't know.  I just like the analogy.
     When the writing is done, it is time to work on the couple of websites that I am working on.  Of course these are golf related. We have of course our http://golfisforeveryonemd.com site as well as my personal travel and golf website http://the-golf-course-travel-bag.com that I work on.  You have to keep these websites fresh and exciting so I will do some work on those.  By the way, have you visited them?  You may want to, although both are works in progress.
     After I post this and finish working on the websites, I have some household chores to do. I was going to add "around the house" to that last sentence but if you are doing "household chores" doesn't that imply that you are doing chores around the house?  After reading that first sentence, I thought I would save you a few redundant words and just leave out "around the house". I don't mind doing these chores such as cleaning the toilets and other wonderful tasks to keep our house clean.  I am happy to take that burden off of my wife because she works about fifty hard hours a week and I am retired. That's another thing.  If I'm retired, why am I not spending more time at the golf course?  I guess i need to help my wife out as much as I can because I kind of have the time to do so.  Besides, and I quote--I don't know who first said this but he was certainly brilliant--"If momma ain't happy, nobody's happy".
      So I have written the blog and posted, worked on the websites and done the chores, now what do I do?  You guessed it, I have some errands to run.  By the way, I don't have any yard work to do because I did that on Wednesday after I posted. You are probably very interested in the errands I have to run.  Here they are.  I have to go to the bank and deposit some funds so those checks we wrote yesterday don't bounce.  Its a good thing we pay the rent with a cashier's check.  After that its on to Wal Mart to buy bathroom tissue--uh, toilet paper--some tooth paste and some paper towels so that I can more effectively carry out my household chores.  That reminds me, by the way, I need some bathroom cleaner and cleanser. I should pick up some laundry spot remover as well.  
     All that should take me until about noon today.  Hey, wait a minute. If I have a quick lunch maybe I can make it out to the course by one o'clock? My wife has a couple of piano lessons today and can't make it out to play with me, but that is totally unfortunate for her. I can still play.  I think I'll call for a tee time.  I'm old fashion you know and still prefer calling for tee times instead of using the online booking systems. Here, let me call the course.
     I'm dialing--uh pressing the keys on my cell phone.  We don't dial anymore, do we. Hello, do you have a tee time for this afternoon, say around one? What?  You're booked all afternoon until seven. NOOOOOOOOOOO..................
The first tee is open.  I just won't be on it.




















     

No comments:

Post a Comment